(Last updated: February 09, 2022)
Your Privacy Rights
Information We Collect About You
We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries.
- Information you provide: We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, and other personally identifiable information. When you join RoofingQuote by requesting a free quote, you are opting in to receive emails from us or about RoofingQuote, other Company’s brands, one of our affiliates, or one of our 3rd party marketing partners. You can opt-out of notifications by replying to emails you have received, using the unsubscribe link in the email, or contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us.
- Information from other sources: We may also obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties, such as updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Provide products and services that you have requested;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content;
- Communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters, promotional offers, customer feedback surveys, and other relevant legal notifications about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our affiliates, our partners or third parties;
- Communicate with you via phone or email with regard to partially completed service requests;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- Perform background screening, which may include the use of third parties or service professionals;
- Manage our business;
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial Information for Service Professionals
For service professionals, we may use financial or payment method information to process payment for any purchases made on our website, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to pre-qualify you for credit card and other offers that you might find of interest, to pre-qualify you to participate in our contractor network, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
With Whom We Share Your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, surveys and other features offered through RoofingQuote or performing background checks of service professionals. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Marketing affiliates: When you are referred to us via a third party marketing affiliate, we may share your email address, and other information that you provide, to such marketing affiliate.
- Service professionals: We match your information and service request against our list of service professionals. When you submit a service request through our website, you consent to our providing your personal information and request to the service professionals we match with your request. Sharing this information with service professionals allows them to contact you using the email address or other contact information you provided. In addition, we have other approved contractual partners that fulfill service requests, or that utilize their own service professionals to supplement our network, and we share your information with them, subject to contractual confidentiality restrictions, in order to attempt to provide the services requested. If you use our services pursuant to a membership with one of our partners, we may share your service request activity information with such partner. We may also release information to collection and/or credit agencies for past due service professional accounts.
- Business partners: When you make purchases, reservations or engage in promotions offered through RoofingQuote or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other contact information to that merchant.
- Direct mail partners: From time to time, we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce RoofingQuote terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and Non-Personal Information
We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and affiliated companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors.
How You Can Access Your Information
If you have an online consumer account with us, you can access and review your personal information by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. You can also choose to have your account disabled by contacting email email@example.com. After you deactivate your account, you will not be able to sign in to our website or access any of your personal information. If you deactivate your account, we may still retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes and recordkeeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, enforce our Terms and Conditions, take actions we deem necessary to protect the integrity of our website or our users, or take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
At any time, you can choose to no longer receive commercial marketing or promotional emails or newsletters from us by accessing your user account and opting out. You also will be given the opportunity, in any marketing email that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future, or by replying to any of these emails. Be sure you include your name and email address. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. If you prefer not to have us share your email address & other information with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you, you can notify us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Blogs, Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms and Other Social Media Sites
We may provide areas on our websites where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others, as well as post comments (e.g. pictures, videos, audio files, etc.). Such postings are governed by our Terms and Conditions. In addition, such postings may appear on other social media websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Please note that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on public web pages, that information will be available to the public.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the children’s account.
Visiting Our Websites from Outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us
Your California Privacy Rights
Legal Basis For Processing Personal Information
The Company collects personal information for business and commercial purposes including: enhancing the Company's products and services; fraud prevention; analytics; advertising enhancement; any other purpose not prohibited by applicable laws or privacy regulations, including the CCPA.
Categories of personal information the Company collects
The Company has collected the following categories of personal information from users within the last twelve (12) months:
A. Identifiers. A name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. YES
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). A name, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories. YES
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information). NO
D. Commercial information. Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. YES
E. Biometric information. Physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data. NO
F. Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history and search history within our website; information on a consumer's interaction with a website and advertisement. YES
G. Geolocation data. Physical location or movements. YES
H. Sensory data. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. NO
I. Professional or employment-related information. Current or past job history or performance evaluations. NO
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)). Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records. NO
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information. Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. NO
Your Rights and Choices
As a California resident you have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses.
Right to Access. You have the right to receive information about the types of personal information that the Company collects, uses, discloses, and sells. Specifically, this right allows you to ask the Company for the following information: (a) the categories of personal information that the Company collects about you; (b) the categories of sources from which the Company has obtained personal information about you; (c) the Company's business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; (d) the categories of your personal information that the Company sells to third parties; (e) the categories of third parties that the Company sells your personal information to; and (f) the specific pieces of personal information that the Company has collected about you. The Company must disclose this information to you when you exercise your right to know, subject to proper verification of your request.
Right to be Forgotten. You have the right to request that the Company delete any personal information it has collected or maintains about you, subject to certain exceptions for business purposes outlined in the applicable law. Once the Company receives and confirms your verifiable consumer request, the Company will delete your personal information from its records, unless an exception applies.
Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right to non-discrimination if you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA. If you exercise your rights under the CCPA, the Company, pertaining to its good and services, will not do any of the following: (a) deny you any goods or services; (b) charge you a different price or rate for goods or services, including through the use of benefits or imposing penalties; (c) provide to you a different level or quality of goods or services; or (d) suggest to you that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to direct the Company to not sell your personal information to third parties at any time. The Company only shares information as outlined herein. If you choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information, the Company will no longer send your personal information to third parties. You can choose, at any time, to opt back in to the sale of your personal information.
Exercising your Rights
To exercise your rights to know, access, and be forgotten described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to the Company by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To exercise your rights to Opt-Out, alternatively you may use the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link in the footer of website.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request to know or for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must: (1) Provide sufficient information that allows the Company to reasonably verify you are (a) the person about whom the Company collected personal information or (b) such person’s authorized representative. (2) Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows the Company to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We may require additional information to verify your requests to exercise your rights or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create any account on RoofingQuote to submit a request or have it fulfilled. The Company cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if the Company cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. The Company will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. We are permitted to reject your request if we reasonably determined that you are not a resident of the State of California.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Do Not Call Policy
The Company takes its responsibilities about customer information and customer service very seriously. In support of this commitment, RoofingQuote has adopted the following Do Not Call Policy.
No employee or agent of the Company shall engage in telemarketing practices that violate the terms of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, the FTC Telephone Sales Rule, or state law or regulation.
The Company maintains a record of the name and telephone number for consumers who do not wish to be called. If you don’t want to receive sales calls from RoofingQuote, just ask us to place your name on our Do Not Call List. We will note your request immediately, and will remove your information from active lists within 30 days.
You can make your request in writing by mailing us at GDMgroup Asia Limited d/b/a RoofingQuote, the company registered at Office A, 16/F Heng Shan Centre, 145, Queen's Road East, Hong Kong or by phone by calling 1-888-565-1613. When you make a request, you must include your name, address and telephone number(s) you want to be included on our list. If your information changes, please notify us of the new name, address, and telephone number(s) in order to remain on our Do Not Call List. If you would like us to remove you from our Do Not Call List in order to receive our telephone solicitations, notify us by contacting us at the above address or telephone number.
All Company’s personnel involved with telemarketing and/or telephone solicitation for RoofingQuote are trained, informed, and directed to comply with the Company Do Not Call Policy.
Upon request, the Company will provide its Do Not Call policy. The policy is also available online at the following web address: roofingquote.io/privacy.
Thank you for your interest in our Privacy and Do Not Call Policies.